The Slow Seed was originally a haphazard collection of improvised experiments, which I didn't actually record with the intention to release. They were only done as a way to acquaint myself with new studio equipment. After I'd messed around with the material for a while, I decided that I liked it, and wanted to try mixing it down. Unfortunately, I had made several mistakes in this first try at digital recording, and a very unpleasant distortion became apparent during mixdown, imbueing the tracks with an unlistenable, headache-generating quality. This first part of three was the least adversely affected of the bunch. I managed to clean up the distortion while re-recording the piece, and intentionally added in some proper distortion to mask the unintended distortion artifacts, which adds to the tension of the piece.